Looking for an internship opportunity?
Boeing Internships for 2021 have been canceled due to the Coronavirus.
Students - Are you working? Your job may qualify for Worksite Learning - Cooperative (WSL).Get school credit for working! WSL – Worksite Learning. Earn .50 elective credit for every 180 hours worked. Apply on-line at: www.highlineschools.org/wsl.
Students – Do you have community service hours to submit? This year you can fill out community service hours electronically and email them directly to Ms. Olsen. https://rahs.highlineschools.org/about/student-handbook
Sophomores and juniors – Apply to be part of the Institute of Systems Biology brand new, Systems Thinkers in STEM Ambassador Program. Check here for more information: https://isbscience.org/about/careers/internships/high-school-internship-positions/
Juniors - Institute of Systems Biology is looking for students for a paid 8 week formal summer internship starting June 28 through August 20. $16.69 per hour. Check here for more information: https://isbscience.org/about/careers/internships/high-school-internship-positions/
Sisters of the Skies Mentorship Program -
This organization provides mentorship, fellowship, and camaraderie to women of color who have had little or no exposure to professional pilot careers. The goal of our mentorship program is to promote the progression and development of women of color seeking careers flying in the aviation industry. We strive to accomplish this with our four separate mentorship programs; the Year-long Program, the Accelerated Program, the Internal SOS Program, and the Pipeline Program. For more information on out how to request a mentor check here: https://www.sistersoftheskies.org/mentorship
2021 Seattle SFTE Summer Internship OpportunityThe Seattle Chapter of SFTE is offering a paid summer internship to a RAHS student to help develop, create and post marketing material and videos associated with the STEM Flight Test Project. Student will have the opportunity to work directly with Dan Hrehov.
Duties will include creating marketing material such as videos and brochures showcasing the benefits of the flight test project to students, teachers and adults.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Successful completion of Mr. McCombs flight test project or equivalent
· Experience performing flight testing in Xplane
· Experience in data reduction and analysis
· Experience in making videos and posting to YouTube
· Experience in creating a YouTube channel
· Demonstrated creativity and originality
· Create a short student marketing video for both YouTube and TicTok that will showcase the flight test project and Flight Test Academy utilizing Xplane.
· Create a short marketing video for grownups for YouTube and LinkedIn also showcasing the flight test project and Flight Test Academy utilizing Xplane.
o Videos will contain Xplane videos, screen shots, pictures and appropriate music and voiceovers.
· Assist in setting up and creating a Flight Test Academy YouTube channel.
· Assist in updating existing SeattleSFTE STEM Outreach web page.
· Assist in creating other marketing material such as brochures.
· Note: All original content will remain the property of Seattle SFTE.
· Note: All non-original content must be cited appropriately with no copyright violations.
Internship will start at the end of the school year and will be complete by early July. This is a paid internship at $15 per hour, up to $350. Please send resume, qualifications and work examples to Renee Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st.
Please email Ms. Olsen for any questions at email@example.com
Thank you to our wonderful Intern Sponsors!
- Aviation Partners Boeing
- Aviation Training Center
- BLR Performance Innovation Aerospace Company
- Camp Invention
- Champion and Associates
- Clay Lacy Aviation
- Dynon Avionics
- Environmental Science Center
- Erin Air
- FAA – Airframe and Cabin Safety
- FAA – Auburn
- FAA – Aviation Clerk
- FAA – Flight Procedures Operations Support Group
- FAA- Real Estate
- FAA – Security and Hazardous Waste
- FAA – Engineering
- FAA – Medical
- FAA – Runway and Quality Assurance
- Fauntleroy Children’s Center
- Fred Hutinson
- Galvin Flying Service
- Girls Rock Math Camp
- Hawdon Algebra Tutor Internship
- Hobart Engineering
- Hytek Esterline
- Hytek Esterline – CATIA Masking
- Kenmore Air
- Kymeta Corporation
- Museum of Flight – ACE Camp
- Museum of Flight – Airpark Host
- Museum of Flight – Amelia Earhart
- Museum of Flight – Crew Compartment Access Guide
- Museum of Flight – Educator
- Museum of Flight – Gallery Ambassador
- Museum of Flight – MAP
- Museum of Flight – Pathfinder
- Museum of Flight – Pathfinder Logistics
- Museum of Flight – RAeS
- Planetary Resources
- Port of Seattle – Aviation Emergency Management
- Port of Seattle – Aviation Operations
- RAHS STEM Careers
- Seafair Airshow 2014
- Seafair Airshow 2014 – Lead
- Seafair Ambassador
- Swedish Medical Center – Neuroscience Institute
- Tableau Software