The application window for the 2022-23 school year is January 3-31.
If there are more applications than space at any particular grade level, Highline will hold a lottery including all students with completed applications. Students not accepted in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist in the order they are chosen from the pool of remaining students. If there are more seats available than there are applicants, applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- The lottery will take place on March 1.
- Families will be notified immediately via SchoolMint.
- Full results will be posted on the website on or before March 3.
All qualified applicants will fall into one of three separate priority groups and a waitlist. Qualified applicants must live within the Puget Sound area.
Application Timeline for 2024-25
- October 2: Application opens
- December 13: Centralized High School Transitions Event
- January 31: Application closed
- February 1: Schools begin reviewing applications
- March 1: Lottery
- March 4: Lottery results posted online
- March 8: PSSC Application Closes
- March 29: Final student date to confirm acceptance
- April 8: Waitlists and applications begin to reopen for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Program at Seahurst, Maritime and WELS.
- May 17: Application reopens for PSSC programs with space available
Applications for 2023-24 School Year
- Applications/waitlists remain open for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Program at Seahurst, Maritime.