The application window for the 2022-23 school year is January 3-31.
If there are more applications than space at any particular grade level, Highline will hold a lottery including all students with completed applications. Students not accepted in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist in the order they are chosen from the pool of remaining students. If there are more seats available than there are applicants, applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- The lottery will take place on March 1.
- Families will be notified immediately via SchoolMint.
- Full results will be posted on the website on or before March 3.
All qualified applicants will fall into one of three separate priority groups and a waitlist. Qualified applicants must live within the Puget Sound area.
2023-24 Application Timeline
- October 4: Application opens
- January Various Dates: School-specific info nights
- January 23-27: School Mint application support appointments
- January 31: Application closes
- February 1: Schools begin reviewing applications
- March 1: Lottery
- March 3: Lottery results posted online
- March 10: Some school waitlists may reopen.
- April 1: Final student date to confirm acceptance
- Applications/waitlists remain open for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Elementary and Maritime